Donate An Amount You Can Afford
Make An Online Donation
Make An Offline Donation
Since 1969/70, Apex Clubs around Australia have raised money to sponsor
Since 1969/70, Apex Clubs around Australia have raised money to sponsor research into the causes, prevention and treatment of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. The Apex Foundation has provided over $500,000 in support of research to understand the condition and to provide research based support to individuals living with autism. This information will also help to better understand the support needs of those who live with Autism which is vital knowledge for their carers/ teachers/ employees.
Autism is a development disorder that impairs communication and social interactions. Individuals with autism may have obsessive interests and repetitive behaviours. .
Funds have been used, inter-alia, to:
- Sponsor research into the incidences, causes, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of children with Autism
- Sponsor research into the social, educational and recreational requirements of children with Autism
- Encourage, stimulate and aid research in all branches of medical sciences and psychology
- Offer funding to assist in the study and research of Autism
- Purchased ipads and computers for high schools
- Purchased a van for the Apsect School to assist high school children with Autism to access the community and employment.
- Purchased a lawn mowing trailer and tools to assist high school children with Autism start a lawn mowing business and provide training for the future employment opportunities
Although there is no known cure for Autism, a growing body of research points to biochemical error or organic brain disorder with some treatments appearing to be promising.
Work must continue and the funding made possible by the Apex Autism Trust is a significant part of Australia’s effort to understand and overcome this condition.
The Apex Foundation is a long term committed champion of high quality research into Autism.
You can donate to this worthy cause by using the DONATE button in the menu above.